Building a driveway or Road
The most important thing to building a good residential driveway or private road is a well-built base, or foundation.
We suggest building a driveway or building a road just like you would build a house pad-the most important thing is the foundation.
Building a driveway or road at the same time as the house pad has several advantages:
- the trucks are bringing materials anyway
- the trucks rolling in and out compacts the dirt
- the dozer and equipment are already set up on site and there are no extra mobilization costs
If a good base material is used, you can lay asphalt or pour concrete on top at a later time.
Options for a good base of crushed material include:
- granite (most expensive material)
- iron ore (seldom available)